The 2017 Ford Escape has 235/55R17 tires as its standard size. The Ford Escape, a popular compact SUV, offers a comfortable and versatile driving experience.
As with any vehicle, knowing the correct tire size is important for optimal performance and safety. The 2017 model of the Ford Escape comes with 235/55R17 tires as its standard size. This tire size balances handling, traction, and overall ride quality.
Whether driving on city streets or off-road, having the right tire size on your 2017 Ford Escape is crucial for a smooth and secure driving experience.
Overview of 2017 Ford Escape Tire Sizes
The 2017 Ford Escape comes in various tire sizes, providing options for different driving needs. Whether you’re looking for all-season or performance tires, the Escape has a range of sizes to accommodate your requirements. Drive confidently, knowing you have the right size of tires for your Escape.
When it comes to selecting the right tire size for your 2017 Ford Escape, there are a few factors you need to consider. Not only will choosing the right size optimize your vehicle’s performance, but it can also enhance safety.
In this section, we’ll explore the factors to consider when selecting tire sizes, the benefits of choosing the right size, and popular tire size options for the 2017 Ford Escape.
Factors to Consider When Selecting Tire Sizes
- Performance: Different tire sizes can affect the performance of your vehicle. Consider prioritizing a smooth ride, improved handling, or enhanced traction.
- Safety: The right tire size can impact your vehicle’s safety, especially regarding braking distance, cornering stability, and handling in different weather conditions.
- Compatibility: Always ensure your chosen tire size matches your Ford Escape’s specifications to avoid any potential issues or damage.
- Load Capacity: Consider the weight you generally carry in your vehicle. Choose a tire size that can support the load to ensure optimal performance and safety.
Benefits of Choosing the Right Tire Size
- Improved Handling: The right tire size can enhance your vehicle’s handling capabilities, allowing for better control and maneuverability on the road.
- Enhanced Safety: The correct tire size can improve braking distance, traction, and stability, reducing the risk of accidents and enhancing overall safety.
- Fuel Efficiency: Opting for the right tire size can improve fuel efficiency by reducing rolling resistance and enhancing overall vehicle performance.
- Comfortable Ride: Choosing the right size can optimize your vehicle’s suspension system, providing a smoother and more comfortable ride.
Popular Tire Size Options for the 2017 Ford Escape
- 225/65R17: This tire size is the most common option for the 2017 Ford Escape. It offers a balance between comfort, handling, and fuel efficiency.
- 235/55R17: This tire size is a good choice if you prioritize sportier handling and enhanced cornering capabilities. It provides a wider and lower profile for improved performance.
- 235/50R18: For those seeking a more stylish look, this tire size offers a larger diameter and wider tread, giving your Ford Escape a more aggressive appearance on the road. It also improves handling and grip.
- 245/45R19: If you want to maximize performance and aesthetics, this tire size provides a wider tread and lower profile, allowing for better handling and improved traction on the road.
The right tire size for your 2017 Ford Escape is crucial for optimal performance, safety, and driving experience. Consider the factors mentioned, evaluate your priorities, and choose a tire size that best suits your needs and preferences.
It’s always advisable to consult with a professional or refer to your vehicle’s manual for precise recommendations.
Importance of Correct Tire Sizing on the 2017 Ford Escape
Correct tire sizing on the 2017 Ford Escape is vital for optimal performance and safety. Ensuring the right tire size helps to maintain accurate speedometer readings, better fuel efficiency, and proper handling on the road.
Choose the appropriate tire size for your Ford Escape to enhance your driving experience.
The right tire size for your 2017 Ford Escape is crucial for optimal vehicle performance, safety, fuel efficiency, and handling. Incorrect tire sizing can significantly impact these factors, affecting your overall driving experience.
Effects Of Incorrect Tire Sizing on Vehicle Performance
- Reduced traction and stability: Using tires that are either too narrow or too wide for your vehicle can compromise its grip on the road, particularly in adverse weather conditions. This can lead to reduced traction and stability, making it harder to control your Ford Escape.
- Poor braking capabilities: Incorrect tire sizing can negatively impact your vehicle’s braking abilities. Tires too wide or narrow may not provide sufficient grip, resulting in longer stopping distances and increased braking time.
- Acceleration issues: Choosing tires not the correct size can affect your Ford Escape’s acceleration. Improperly sized tires can lead to sluggish acceleration or excessive wheel spin, decreasing the vehicle’s overall performance.
Safety Considerations When Choosing Tire Sizes
- Handling and maneuverability: Correct tire sizing ensures proper handling and maneuverability of your Ford Escape. You can maintain vehicle control while navigating through different road conditions using tires that meet the manufacturer’s recommended specifications.
- Stability during cornering: Incorrect tire sizes can affect the stability of your Ford Escape while cornering. Using too narrow or wide tires may compromise the vehicle’s ability to grip the road, increasing the risk of skidding or losing control.
- Enhanced safety features effectiveness: The safety features of your 2017 Ford Escape, such as traction control and stability control systems, are optimized for specific tire sizes. Using the correct tire size ensures that these safety features can work effectively to keep you and your passengers safe.
Impact on Fuel Efficiency and Handling
- Reduced fuel efficiency: Incorrect tire sizing can increase rolling resistance, decreasing fuel efficiency. Using too large or too small tires can cause greater friction between the tires and the road, requiring more energy to move the vehicle forward.
- Compromised handling capabilities: You may experience compromised handling and steering responsiveness by selecting the wrong tire size. This can impact your ability to maneuver your Ford Escape smoothly, especially during sudden turns or lane changes.
It’s essential to consult your vehicle’s manual or seek professional advice when choosing the appropriate tire size for your 2017 Ford Escape. Ensuring the correct tire sizing will optimize your vehicle’s performance and prioritize your safety and fuel efficiency.
Understanding Tire Size Designations for the 2017 Ford Escape
Understand the tire size designations for your 2017 Ford Escape to ensure proper fit and performance. Knowing the correct tire size for your vehicle is essential for safety and optimal driving experience.
Deciphering the Numbers and Letters on a Tire Sidewall
Tire size designations may appear confusing initially, but they contain valuable information about the tire’s dimensions and capabilities. Here’s how to decode the numbers and letters on a tire sidewall:
The first part of the designation usually consists of a sequence of numbers, such as 225 or 275, which indicates the tire’s width in millimeters. The wider the tire, the higher the number.
Following the tire width, you’ll find a forward slash (/) that separates the width from the aspect ratio. The aspect ratio is represented by a two-digit number, such as 55 or 65, which reveals the tire’s sidewall height as a percentage of the tire’s width.
The next letter indicates the tire’s construction type. For example, “R” stands for radial construction, the most common type for modern vehicles.
The next number denotes the tire’s diameter in inches, such as 16 or 17. This measurement tells you the wheel size the tire is designed to fit.
Exploring the Meaning Behind Tire Size Designations
Tire size designations serve several purposes and provide information to help you choose the right tires for your 2017 Ford Escape. Here’s what these designations mean:
The width measurement reveals how wide the tire is from sidewall to sidewall. A wider tire may provide better traction and handling, but it’s important to consider factors such as vehicle clearance and tire cost.
The aspect ratio or sidewall height to the tire’s width affects ride quality, handling, and responsiveness. A lower aspect ratio typically means a shorter sidewall, improving steering response and cornering stability.
The construction type is crucial in determining the tire’s performance characteristics. Radial tires, denoted by “R,” are known for their superior ride comfort, fuel efficiency, and overall performance.
The diameter measurement helps ensure that the tire will fit your vehicle’s wheels properly. Using a tire with the correct diameter is essential for maintaining accurate speedometer readings and preventing clearance issues.
How To Read and Interpret Tire Size Charts
Tire size charts provide a comprehensive overview of the various tire options available for your 2017 Ford Escape. Here’s how to read and make sense of these charts:
Locate the tire size chart specific to your vehicle, either in the owner’s manual or online.
Identify the elements of the tire size designation, including the width, aspect ratio, and diameter.
Compare the available tire sizes in the chart with your current or desired tire specifications.
Pay attention to any additional information, such as load index and speed rating. These values indicate the maximum load capacity and speed capabilities of the tire.
When selecting a tire size from the chart, consider your driving preferences and requirements, such as road conditions and climate.
Consult with a tire professional or refer to manufacturer recommendations if you’re uncertain about which tire size to choose.
Always consult the owner’s manual or seek advice from a tire professional to ensure that you select the appropriate tire size for your 2017 Ford Escape.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Tire Sizes
Choosing the right tire size for your 2017 Ford Escape is crucial. Consider factors like alignment, vehicle specifications, and driving conditions to ensure optimal performance and safety on the road.
Climate and Driving Conditions
- Your local climate and weather conditions are crucial in determining the ideal tire size for your Ford Escape.
- If you live in an area with frequent snowfall or icy conditions, opting for tires with a larger diameter and more aggressive tread pattern can provide better traction and improved handling.
- On the other hand, if you primarily drive in sunny and dry conditions, tires with a smaller diameter and lower-profile design may be suitable for enhanced road grip and smoother rides.
Oem Recommendations for the 2017 Ford Escape
- It is always wise to refer to the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) recommendations before selecting tire sizes for your vehicle.
- The Ford Escape’s user manual or the tire placard on the driver’s side door jamb usually provides specific information on the recommended tire sizes, including the width, aspect ratio, and rim diameter.
- Following these guidelines ensures you stay within the manufacturer’s specifications and maintain optimal performance and safety levels.
Upgrading Tire Sizes for Improved Performance
- If you want to enhance your Ford Escape’s performance and handling characteristics, upgrading to a larger tire size can be an option.
- Larger tire sizes with a wider width and shorter sidewalls can offer increased stability, improved cornering abilities, and a more aggressive appearance.
- However, it is essential to consult with a professional mechanic or tire specialist to ensure proper fitment and compatibility with your vehicle’s suspension and braking systems.
Popular Tire Brands and Models for the 2017 Ford Escape
Get the perfect tire for your 2017 Ford Escape with this list of popular brands and models, ensuring optimum performance and safety. Discover the right tire size for your vehicle and enhance your driving experience.
Reviewing Top-Rated Tire Brands for the Ford Escape
- Bridgestone: This popular tire brand offers a range of options for the 2017 Ford Escape, including the Dueler H/L Alenza Plus. With its advanced technology and excellent traction, this tire provides a smooth and quiet ride for everyday driving needs.
- Michelin: Known for their long-lasting tread life, Michelin tires are a top choice for the Ford Escape. The Premier LTX model offers great fuel efficiency and superb handling on wet and dry surfaces, making it a reliable option for various driving conditions.
- Continental: The CrossContact LX20 is a highly rated tire from Continental, providing excellent grip and stability for the Ford Escape. Its advanced tread compound ensures even wear and improved fuel efficiency, while its low noise level adds to a comfortable driving experience.
Comparing Tire Options for Various Driving Needs
- All-season tires: Ideal for everyday driving in various weather conditions, these tires offer a balance of performance, traction, and longevity. They provide a smooth and comfortable ride on both dry and wet roads. Popular all-season choices for the 2017 Ford Escape include the Pirelli P4 Four Seasons Plus and the Falken Ziex ZE950 A/S.
- Performance tires: If you’re looking for enhanced handling and grip, performance tires are designed to deliver superior traction and responsiveness. The Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 and the Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS are popular choices for those seeking a sportier driving experience with the Ford Escape.
- When winter weather hits, dedicated winter tires can greatly improve traction on snow and ice. The Michelin X-Ice Xi3 and the Bridgestone Blizzak WS90 are highly regarded options with excellent grip, braking, and cornering in cold weather conditions.
Customer Reviews and Ratings for Popular Tire Models
Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus:
- Long-lasting tread life and excellent traction on highways.
- Handles well in wet and dry conditions.
- Provides a quiet and comfortable ride.
Michelin Premier LTX:
- Impressive tread life and fuel efficiency.
- Excellent handling on both wet and dry surfaces.
- Offers a smooth and comfortable driving experience.
Continental CrossContact LX20:
- Provides great grip and stability.
- Even wear and improved fuel efficiency.
- Low noise level for a comfortable ride.
Pirelli P4 Four Seasons Plus:
- Versatile all-season performance.
- Long-lasting tread compound.
- Responsive handling and good traction in various conditions.
Falken Ziex ZE950 A/S:
- All-season capability with good wet and dry performance.
- Comfortable and quiet ride.
- Affordable option.
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500:
- Excellent traction and grip for performance driving.
- Responsive handling and precise steering.
- Good value for money.
Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS:
- Superior traction and cornering capabilities.
- Enhanced responsiveness and handling.
- Suitable for sportier driving needs.
Michelin X-Ice Xi3:
- Exceptional winter traction on snow and ice.
- Reliable braking performance in cold conditions.
- Offers confidence-inspiring handling.
Bridgestone Blizzak WS90:
- Excellent grip and braking on snowy surfaces.
- Provides added control and stability in winter weather.
- Low rolling resistance for improved fuel efficiency.
These top-rated tire brands and models offer a range of options to suit various driving needs and conditions. Whether you prioritize longevity, fuel efficiency, performance, or winter traction, you can find the perfect tires for your 2017 Ford Escape.
When deciding, consider customer reviews and ratings, as they provide valuable insights into real-world experiences with these tire options.
Installation and Maintenance Tips for Different Tire Sizes
Discover the essential tips for installing and maintaining different tire sizes on your 2017 Ford Escape. Enhance your vehicle’s performance and ensure a smooth and safe ride with these expert recommendations.
Installing the right size tires on your 2017 Ford Escape is crucial for optimal performance and safety. Whether you’re upsizing or downsizing, here are some professional installation considerations, tire rotation and alignment tips, and proper tire inflation guidelines to keep in mind.
Professional Installation Considerations
- Consult with a trusted tire professional to ensure you choose the right size tires for your Ford Escape.
- Consider factors such as vehicle load rating, speed rating, and recommended tire sizes provided by the manufacturer.
- Verify that the tires you select are compatible with your vehicle’s rims and won’t interfere with suspension components.
- Properly mounting and balancing the tires is essential for a smooth and safe ride.
Tire Rotation and Alignment for Varying Tire Sizes
- Regular tire rotation helps distribute wear evenly and extends the life of your tires. Follow the recommended rotation patterns provided by the vehicle manufacturer.
- When using different tire sizes, proper alignment becomes even more crucial. Misaligned tires can cause uneven wear and affect the vehicle’s handling.
- It’s recommended to have your tires aligned by a professional whenever you change tire sizes to ensure precise handling and maximum tire life.
Proper Tire Inflation and Maintenance Guidelines
- Maintaining proper tire inflation is vital for safety and performance. Refer to your vehicle’s manual or the tire pressure label inside the driver’s door jamb for the recommended tire pressure.
- Check tire pressure regularly, at least once a month, using a reliable tire pressure gauge. Underinflated tires can result in reduced fuel efficiency and premature wear.
- Monitor tread wear and depth to ensure the tires are not worn beyond legal limits. Replace tires when the tread depth reaches 2/32 of an inch to maintain optimum traction on wet roads.
- Regularly inspect your tires for any signs of damage or punctures. If you notice any issues, have them inspected and repaired by a professional.
Remember, properly installing and maintaining tires of varying sizes are essential for a safe and enjoyable driving experience. These tips will help you get the most out of your 2017 Ford Escape tire performance.
The Impact of Tire Sizes on Off-Roading Performance
The performance of off-roading in the 2017 Ford Escape is greatly influenced by the size of the tires. Larger tires provide better traction and ground clearance, enhancing the vehicle’s capability to handle rough terrains and obstacles.
When it comes to off-roading, having the right tire size on your 2017 Ford Escape can make all the difference in performance and handling.
In this section, we will explore the impact of tire sizes on your off-roading experience and discuss how adjusting tire sizes can enhance your adventures.
Additionally, we will highlight some important trade-offs and considerations for off-road enthusiasts to remember.
Off-Road Capabilities With Different Tire Sizes
- Larger tire sizes, such as 31 inches or more, provide better ground clearance and increased traction when navigating rough terrains.
- Smaller tire sizes, around 29 inches or less, offer improved fuel efficiency and a smoother on-road driving experience.
Adjusting Tire Sizes for Enhanced Off-Roading Experience
- Increase tire size to improve off-road capabilities, allowing for better traction in challenging conditions.
- Decrease tire size for enhanced maneuverability, especially when navigating tight or narrow trails.
Potential Trade-Offs and Considerations for Off-Road Enthusiasts
- Larger tire sizes can affect acceleration, braking distance, and fuel efficiency, especially on paved roads.
- Smaller tire sizes may diminish the overall ground clearance and off-road performance of your Ford Escape.
- It is vital to select a tire size that aligns with your specific off-roading needs and takes into account the terrain you will most frequently encounter.
Remember, selecting the right tire size for your 2017 Ford Escape is a critical decision that will impact your off-roading adventures.
Consider the trade-offs between larger and smaller tire sizes, assess your specific off-roading requirements, and choose a size that best suits your needs.
Whether you opt for larger or smaller tires, always prioritize safety and ensure they are correctly installed and maintained. Adventure awaits – get ready to hit the trails with confidence!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Size Tires Can I Put on My 2017 Ford Escape?
The size of tires suitable for a 2017 Ford Escape can vary, and it’s recommended to refer to the owner’s manual or consult a professional for accurate guidance.
What Size Tires Can I Put On My Ford Escape?
The size of tires that can be put on a Ford Escape depends on the specific model and year.
What Size Wheels Are on a 2017 Ford Escape?
The 2017 Ford Escape is equipped with 17-inch wheels as the standard size.
What Size Tires Does a 2017 Ford Escape Titanium Take?
The 2017 Ford Escape Titanium requires tires of size specified by the manufacturer. (17 to 19 inches)
What Size Tires Does the 2017 Ford Escape Come With?
The 2017 Ford Escape typically comes with 17-inch all-season tires from the factory.
The tires you choose for your 2017 Ford Escape play a crucial role in the overall performance and safety of your vehicle.
Considering the importance of tire size, it is essential to consult the manufacturer’s recommendations and take into account factors such as driving conditions, fuel efficiency, and handling capabilities.
Opting for the correct tire size will not only enhance your driving experience but also contribute to the longevity of your vehicle. Whether you prioritize comfort, traction, or a combination of both, selecting the appropriate tire size will ensure optimal performance and driving satisfaction.
Remember to regularly inspect your tires for wear and tear and replace them when necessary to maintain safety on the road.
So, take the time to research and invest in the perfect tire size for your 2017 Ford Escape and enjoy the benefits it brings to your driving experience.