The 2015 Ram 1500 comes equipped with 275/60R20 tires. The tires on a 2015 Ram 1500 measure 275 millimeters in width with a sidewall height that is 60 percent of the width.
The tires are designed to fit on 20-inch diameter rims. With these tires, the 2015 Ram 1500 offers a balance of traction, stability, and a smooth ride on and off the road. Whether driving on highways or exploring rugged terrains, the tire size on the 2015 Ram 1500 provides optimal performance and handling.
The 275/60R20 tires enhance the overall driving experience of this powerful truck, ensuring confident and capable performance in various conditions.
Determining the Stock Tire Size
The stock tire size of a 2015 Ram 1500 can be determined by referring to the vehicle’s user manual or consulting a professional technician. Doing so ensures that the proper tire size is used for optimal performance and safety.
Checking the Owner’s Manual for Tire Information
The owner’s manual is a valuable resource for determining the stock tire size of a 2015 Ram 1500. It provides specific details about the vehicle, including tire specifications.
To find the tire size in the owner’s manual, follow these steps:
- Locate the “Specifications” or “Tire Information” section in the manual.
- Look for the subsection labeled “Tire Size” or a similar heading.
- Here, you will find the recommended tire size for your specific Ram 1500 model.
The owner’s manual is often the easiest and most accurate way to determine the stock tire size for your vehicle. It ensures you select the right tire size for optimal performance and safety.
Locating the Tire Size on the Sidewall of the Tires
Another method to determine the stock tire size is by inspecting the sidewall of the tires on your 2015 Ram 1500. The tire sidewall contains essential information, including the tire size.
Follow these steps to locate the tire size on the sidewall:
- Look for a series of numbers and letters imprinted on the tire sidewall.
- The tire size is represented by a combination of numbers, such as “P275/60R20” or “LT285/70R17.”
- The first number indicates the tire width, the second represents the aspect ratio (tire height), and the letter defines the tire construction type.
By examining the sidewall of your tires, you can obtain the stock tire size information. However, it’s important to note that the size may differ if the tires have been replaced since the vehicle’s manufacture.
Contacting the Dealership for Assistance
If you cannot determine the stock tire size through the owner’s manual or the tire sidewall, contacting the dealership is another option.
Here’s what you can do:
- Contact the service department of a Ram dealership near you.
- Provide them with the vehicle’s make, model, year (2015 Ram 1500), and VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) if possible.
- Request assistance determining the stock tire size for your specific Ram 1500 model.
The dealership’s knowledgeable staff should be able to access the necessary information based on your vehicle details. They can provide the correct tire size, ensuring you choose the right tires when needed.
Remember, utilizing the owner’s manual, inspecting the sidewall of the tires, and contacting the dealership are all effective ways to determine the stock tire size for your 2015 Ram 1500.
Each method offers its advantages, so choose the one that best suits your preference and availability of resources.
Understanding Tire Size Notation
Understanding the tire size notation for a 2015 Ram 1500 is crucial. Accurately determining the tire size helps find suitable replacements and ensures optimal performance and safety for your vehicle.
When determining the tire size for a 2015 Ram 1500, it’s essential to understand the tire size notation. The tire size notation, such as P275/60R20, may seem overwhelming initially, but breaking it down into components can help you interpret it accurately.
Here, we will explain the tire size format and how it relates to your Ram 1500.
Explaining the Tire Size Format
To better understand the tire size notation, let’s take a look at each component separately:
- Prefix (P): The prefix indicates the tire’s intended use. In the case of P275/60R20, the “P” stands for passenger car. Other common prefixes include “LT” for light trucks and “ST” for special trailers.
- Section Width (275): The width refers to the tire’s width in millimeters. In our example, the section width is 275 millimeters.
- Aspect Ratio (60): The aspect ratio represents the tire’s height as a percentage of the section width. In this tire size notation, the aspect ratio is 60, meaning the tire’s height equals 60% of its width.
- Construction Type (R): The letter “R” signifies the construction type of the tire, which in this case is radial.
- Wheel Diameter (20): The wheel diameter indicates the wheel size the tire fits, measured in inches. In our example, the tire is designed to be used with a 20-inch wheel.
Interpreting Each Component of the Tire Size Notation
Now that we’ve explained the components of the tire size notation, let’s interpret them based on our example.
- The “P” prefix suggests that the tire is intended for use on passenger cars.
- The section width of 275mm determines the tire’s width.
- With an aspect ratio of 60, the tire’s height is 60% of its width.
- The “R” construction type indicates that the tire is radial.
- Lastly, the 20-inch wheel diameter specifies the appropriate size of the wheel for this tire.
Understanding these components will empower you to make informed decisions when selecting the right tires for your Ram 1500.
Discussing the Relevance of Tire Size Notation for the Ram 1500
Now that we’ve delved into the tire size notation, it’s essential to understand its relevance to the Ram 1500. Here are a few key points to consider:
- The tire size notation ensures you choose tires compatible with your Ram 1500’s specifications.
- Different tire sizes offer varying performance characteristics, such as traction, handling, and fuel efficiency. Selecting the proper size can enhance your driving experience.
- The Ram 1500 has specific recommended tire sizes to optimize its performance and safety. Using the correct size ensures the vehicle operates as intended.
- Understanding the tire size notation lets you decide when to replace or upgrade your Ram 1500 tires.
By knowing about tire size notation, you can confidently navigate the options and select the right tires to keep your Ram 1500 running smoothly.
Factors Affecting Tire Size Selection
Several factors, including weight, performance requirements, and desired aesthetics, influence the 2015 Ram 1500’s tire size selection. These factors are essential in determining the ideal tire size that meets the vehicle owner’s needs and preferences.
When it comes to selecting the right tire size for your 2015 Ram 1500, there are a few essential factors that you need to consider. The size of your tires can significantly impact your vehicle’s overall performance and aesthetics.
This section will explore three key factors to consider when choosing the perfect tire size for your Ram 1500.
Analyzing the Impact of Wheel Size on Tire Options
- Wheel size is an essential consideration when selecting tires. The size of your wheels can limit the range of tire sizes you can choose from.
- Smaller wheels usually require lower-profile tires, while larger wheels can accommodate taller tires.
- The right balance between wheel and tire size can ensure optimal performance, handling, and appearance for your Ram 1500.
Understanding the Effects of Load Capacity on Tire Choice
- Load capacity is another crucial factor to consider when selecting tires for your truck.
- Different tires are designed to handle specific weight loads, indicated by their load rating.
- Choosing tires that can support the weight of your Ram 1500 and any additional load you may be carrying is important.
Exploring the Consideration of Speed Rating When Choosing Tires
- The speed rating of a tire represents the maximum speed at which it can safely travel.
- Higher speed-rated tires are designed to provide better stability and handling at higher speeds.
- Consider the speed capabilities of your Ram 1500 and choose tires with an appropriate speed rating.
Analyzing the impact of wheel size, understanding load capacity, and considering speed rating are crucial factors to remember when selecting the right tire size for your 2015 Ram 1500.
Considering these factors, you can ensure optimal performance, safety, and style for your beloved truck.
Recommended Tire Sizes for the 2015 Ram 1500
The 2015 Ram 1500 comes with recommended tire sizes that vary based on the trim level and configuration, ranging from 17 to 22 inches. These tire sizes provide optimal performance, handling, and comfort for the Ram 1500.
Highlighting the Oem Recommended Tire Sizes for Different Ram 1500 Trims
When choosing the right tire size for your 2015 Ram 1500, it’s essential to consider the OEM recommended sizes. Ram specifically designed and tested these sizes to ensure optimal performance and safety for your vehicle.
Let’s look at the recommended tire sizes for the 2015 Ram 1500 trims.
2015 Ram 1500 Tradesman:
- Tire size 1: P265/70R17
- Tire size 2: P265/70R17
2015 Ram 1500 Express:
- Tire size 1: P275/60R20
- Tire size 2: P275/60R20
2015 Ram 1500 SLT:
- Tire size 1: P275/60R20
- Tire size 2: P275/60R20
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie:
- Tire size 1: P275/60R20
- Tire size 2: P275/60R20
It’s worth noting that these OEM-recommended sizes offer several benefits regarding your vehicle’s performance and overall driving experience.
Discussing the Benefits of Using the Oem Recommended Sizes
Using the OEM-recommended tire sizes for your 2015 Ram 1500 has many advantages. Here are a few key benefits to keep in mind:
- Enhanced safety: The OEM recommended sizes are carefully selected to ensure optimal handling, stability, and performance, which ultimately contribute to your safety on the road.
- Improved traction: The recommended tire sizes are designed to provide the best possible traction in various weather conditions, whether dry pavement, wet roads, or even light snow.
- Better fuel efficiency: Using the OEM recommended sizes can help maintain your vehicle’s fuel efficiency. Mismatched tire sizes can negatively impact fuel economy, altering the vehicle’s speedometer reading and overall gearing.
- Consistent ride quality: The recommended tire sizes are chosen to maintain the intended ride quality and comfort offered by your Ram 1500. Using these sizes ensures a smooth and enjoyable driving experience.
While sticking to the OEM recommended sizes is advisable, some drivers may prefer to explore alternative tire sizes for various reasons. Here are a few options that can be used on the Ram 1500:
Alternative Tire Sizes for the Ram 1500
- Larger tires: If you want to give your Ram 1500 a more aggressive look, you may consider upsizing to a larger tire size. However, remember that this can impact your vehicle’s speedometer accuracy and fuel economy. It’s important to consult with a tire specialist to find the right balance.
- Smaller tires: On the other hand, downsizing to smaller tires can offer better fuel efficiency and a slightly softer ride. However, this may compromise the vehicle’s ground clearance and overall aesthetics. Again, expert advice is crucial before making any decisions.
- All-terrain tires: If you frequently drive off-road, consider switching to all-terrain tires. These tires offer excellent traction on various terrains while providing a smooth on-road driving experience.
When choosing alternative tire sizes, consult a reputable professional who can guide you based on your needs and preferences.
Upgrading to Larger Tires
The 2015 Ram 1500 is equipped with tires of a specific size. If you are considering upgrading to larger tires, it is essential to determine the appropriate size to ensure compatibility and optimum performance.
Discussing the Advantages and Disadvantages of Upgrading to Larger Tires
- Improved off-road capabilities: Larger tires can provide better traction and handling when driving off-road, allowing you to tackle challenging terrains easily.
- Enhanced ground clearance: Upgrading to larger tires raises the vehicle’s height, increasing ground clearance. This can be beneficial when driving over obstacles like rocks or uneven roads.
- Enhanced aesthetics: Larger tires can give your Ram 1500 a more aggressive and rugged look, adding to its visual appeal.
- Smoother ride: With larger tires, you may experience a softer and more comfortable ride, as they can absorb shocks and vibrations from the road surface.
However, there are also some disadvantages to consider when upgrading to larger tires:
- Increased fuel consumption: Larger tires have more surface area in contact with the road, increasing rolling resistance. This can lead to decreased fuel efficiency and potentially higher fuel costs.
- Impact on speedometer accuracy: Upgrading to larger tires can affect the accuracy of your vehicle’s speedometer. Due to the changed tire size, the speedometer reading may be slightly off, showing a lower speed than your driving speed.
- Potential modifications required: Fitting larger tires may require changes to the vehicle, such as adjusting the suspension or installing a lift kit. These modifications can add to the overall cost of upgrading.
Exploring the Potential Impact on Fuel Efficiency and Speedometer Accuracy
When upgrading to larger tires on your 2015 Ram 1500, it’s essential to consider how it may affect fuel efficiency and speedometer accuracy. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Larger tires increase rolling resistance, which can result in decreased fuel efficiency.
- The engine may need to work harder to maintain the same speed, leading to increased fuel consumption.
- If fuel efficiency is your top priority, choosing larger tires designed for better fuel economy is advisable.
- Regularly monitoring your vehicle’s fuel consumption after the tire upgrade can help you understand the impact on efficiency.
- Upgrading to larger tires can lead to slight inaccuracies in your vehicle’s speedometer reading.
- Larger tires cover more ground per revolution, causing the speedometer to display a lower speed than the actual driving speed.
- To compensate for this, you may need to recalibrate or reprogram your vehicle’s speedometer after installing larger tires.
- Failure to address the speedometer accuracy issue can result in potential legal consequences and difficulties with speed control.
Addressing Potential Modifications Required for Fitting Larger Tires
Before you upgrade to larger tires on your 2015 Ram 1500, it’s essential to consider potential modifications that may be necessary for hassle-free installation:
- Suspension adjustments: Fitting larger tires can affect the vehicle’s suspension geometry. You may need to make suspension adjustments or install a lift kit to ensure proper wheel alignment and prevent issues like tire rubbing.
- Wheel well clearance: Larger tires require more space within the wheel wells. If your chosen tire size is significantly more extensive, you must ensure proper clearance by trimming or modifying the wheel wells, fender flares, or other components.
- Drivetrain modifications: Depending on the size of the upgraded tires, you may need to modify or replace specific drivetrain components, such as the differential or axle gear ratios, to maintain optimal performance and prevent strain on the drivetrain system.
- Consultation with a professional: It’s highly recommended to consult with an experienced mechanic or tire professional who is familiar with your specific vehicle model. They can guide the necessary modifications and ensure a successful tire upgrade.
Considering these potential modifications, you can prepare to fit larger tires on your 2015 Ram 1500 and enjoy the benefits of enhanced performance and aesthetics. Always prioritize safety and consult experts to ensure a proper installation process.
Switching to Smaller Tires
The 2015 Ram 1500 is equipped with tires of a specific size. If you are considering switching to smaller tires, it is essential to know the exact dimensions of the original tires to ensure compatibility and optimal performance.
Assessing the Benefits and Drawbacks of Switching to Smaller Tires
Switching to smaller tires on a 2015 Ram 1500 can have advantages and disadvantages. Here are some key points to consider:
- Improved fuel efficiency: Smaller tires generally have lower rolling resistance, which can result in better gas mileage and increased fuel efficiency.
- Cost savings: Smaller tires tend to be less expensive than larger ones, making them a more budget-friendly option for replacement or upgrade.
- Enhanced acceleration: The reduced weight can help improve acceleration and overall performance with smaller tires.
- Increased maneuverability: Smaller tires often offer enhanced handling and maneuverability, making navigating tight spaces or corners easier.
However, it’s essential also to consider the potential drawbacks:
- Reduced ground clearance: Smaller tires can decrease the vehicle’s ground clearance, making it more susceptible to scraping or damage when driving over rough terrains or obstacles.
- Sacrificed off-road capability: If you frequently use your Ram 1500 for off-roading adventures, switching to smaller tires may reduce your vehicle’s off-road capability and traction.
- Altered speedometer reading: Changing to smaller tires can affect the accuracy of your vehicle’s speedometer readings, which may require recalibration to ensure proper speed measurement.
- Changes in ride comfort: Smaller tires can result in a harsher ride due to less cushioning on rough road surfaces.
Examining the Potential Effect on Ride Comfort and Handling
Switching to smaller tires on a 2015 Ram 1500 can impact ride comfort and handling. Here are some factors to consider:
- Ride comfort: Smaller tires generally have less sidewall height, which can lead to a stiffer and firmer ride. However, this can also improve responsiveness and reduce body roll during cornering.
- Handling: Smaller tires can improve the vehicle’s handling characteristics by providing better grip and traction on the road. This can enhance the overall driving experience, especially in curves and corners.
It’s important to note that the specific tire size you choose will also play a role in the impact on ride comfort and handling. Consulting with a tire professional or referring to the manufacturer’s recommendations can help ensure the best fit and performance for your needs.
Considering the Impact on the Vehicle’s Appearance
When switching to smaller tires on a 2015 Ram 1500, the impact on the vehicle’s appearance should be considered. Here are some points to consider:
- Wheel well clearance: With smaller tires, there may be a noticeable gap between the tire and the wheel well, which can change the overall aesthetic of your truck.
- Wheel size compatibility: When downsizing tires, it’s essential to ensure that the new, smaller tires will fit properly on your existing wheels. Compatibility between the two is crucial to maintain a balanced and cohesive look.
- Customization options: If you want to personalize the appearance of your Ram 1500, smaller tires may offer additional customization opportunities. You can explore different tread designs, sidewall styles, or even aftermarket wheels to enhance the overall look of your vehicle.
When considering switching to smaller tires, finding the right balance between your desired aesthetic, performance needs, and potential impact on ride comfort and handling is essential.
Consulting with a tire professional can provide valuable guidance based on your vehicle and preferences.
Aftermarket Tire Options
The 2015 Ram 1500 has various aftermarket tire options in different sizes to suit different needs and preferences. These tires offer enhanced performance and customization for drivers looking for an alternative to the original equipment tires.
Discussing Popular Aftermarket Tire Brands for the Ram 1500
The 2015 Ram 1500 is a powerful truck that deserves the best tires to complement its performance. If you’re looking to upgrade your truck’s tires, there are several popular aftermarket tire brands that you should consider.
These brands are known for their quality, durability, and excellent performance on the road.
Here are some of the top aftermarket tire options for the Ram 1500:
Key Features and Characteristics of These Tires
- Brand X: This famous aftermarket tire brand is known for its ruggedness and off-road capabilities. With thick tread patterns and reinforced sidewalls, these tires provide excellent traction and stability, both on and off the road. They are also designed to be durable and long-lasting, making them perfect for heavy-duty usage.
- Brand Y: If you’re looking for all-season tires that offer a smooth and comfortable ride, Brand Y is an excellent choice. These tires are engineered to provide optimal performance in wet and dry conditions. Their advanced tread design offers exceptional grip and traction while reducing road noise for a quieter driving experience.
- Brand Z: For those who prioritize fuel efficiency, Brand Z offers a range of low-rolling resistance tires. These tires reduce the energy required to keep your truck moving, improving fuel economy. They still provide excellent performance and traction, making them a great option for eco-conscious drivers.
Analyzing Customer Reviews and Ratings
When considering aftermarket tire options, it’s essential to consider other customers’ experiences. Here are some insights from customer reviews and ratings for aftermarket tire options for the Ram 1500:
- Brand X: Customers have praised the excellent off-road performance of Brand X tires, stating that they provide exceptional traction and stability on rough terrains. They have also mentioned that these tires are highly durable and withstand heavy usage without any issues.
- Brand Y: Customers have highlighted the smooth and comfortable ride provided by Brand Y tires. They have also commended the tires’ performance in wet conditions, offering excellent grip and handling.
- Brand Z: Customers have been impressed with the fuel efficiency offered by Brand Z tires, noting significant improvements in their truck’s MPG (miles per gallon). They have also mentioned that these tires still deliver excellent performance and offer good traction on various road surfaces.
When looking for aftermarket tire options for your 2015 Ram 1500, considering popular brands such as Brand X, Brand Y, and Brand Z can ensure that you get tires that align with your specific needs and preferences.
Remember to check customer reviews and ratings for additional insights and make an informed decision that will enhance both the performance and the overall driving experience of your Ram 1500.
Tire Maintenance and Care Tips
The 2015 Ram 1500 has tires that vary in size depending on the trim level and package options. Proper tire maintenance is essential for optimal performance and safety on the road.
Regularly check tire pressure, tread wear, and alignment to ensure the longevity and efficiency of your tires.
Tire maintenance is essential to ensure your vehicle’s longevity and optimal performance. Regular inspections and proper care can help prevent accidents, improve fuel efficiency, and extend the lifespan of your tires.
Here are some guidelines to follow for effective tire maintenance:
Providing General Guidelines for Tire Maintenance
- Check tire pressure regularly: Maintaining the correct tire pressure is crucial for safety and performance. Use a tire pressure gauge to ensure the tires are inflated to the manufacturer’s recommended levels.
- Rotate tires regularly: Regular tire rotation promotes even wear and extends the overall lifespan of the tires. Consult your vehicle’s manual or a professional mechanic for the recommended rotation interval.
- Inspect tire tread depth: Adequate tread depth is essential for proper traction on the road. Use a tread depth gauge to periodically measure the depth, and replace tires if the tread wears down to 2/32 of an inch.
- Align your wheels: Proper wheel alignment can significantly influence tire wear. Consider getting a wheel alignment if you notice uneven tire wear or your vehicle pulls to one side.
Discussing the Importance of Regular Tire Inspections
- Visual inspection: Regularly inspect your tires for signs of damage, such as cuts, bulges, or punctures. Identify any foreign objects lodged in the tread and remove them promptly.
- Check for irregular wear: Uneven wear patterns on your tires may indicate issues with alignment or suspension. Scrutinize the tires, looking for cupping, feathering, or scalloping signs.
- Monitor tire aging: Tires deteriorate over time, even if they haven’t endured excessive mileage. Keep track of the manufacturing date and replace tires older than six years, regardless of their tread condition.
Offering Tips for Extending Tire Lifespan and Enhancing Performance
- Proper tire storage: When not using your tires, store them in a clean, calm, and dry environment to prevent cracking or aging. Avoid direct sunlight and keep tires away from chemicals or petroleum-based solvents.
- Drive cautiously: Aggressive driving habits, such as excessive speeding, hard braking, and abrupt turns, can accelerate tire wear. Practice smooth acceleration and braking to extend the lifespan of your tires.
- Regular tire balancing: Balancing your tires eliminates vibrations and uneven wear. Have your tires balanced when you get rotated, or do you notice any shaking or trembling while driving?
- Tire rotation pattern: Utilize a recommended tire rotation pattern based on your vehicle’s drivetrain, such as front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, or all-wheel drive. Consult your vehicle’s manual or a professional for the appropriate rotation pattern.
By following these tire maintenance and care tips, you can ensure that your 2015 Ram 1500’s tires remain in excellent condition, providing a safe and enjoyable driving experience.
Regular inspections, proper inflation, and routine maintenance will help maximize tire lifespan and enhance overall performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Size Tires Come on a 2015 Ram 1500?
The 2015 Ram 1500 comes with tires in different sizes, depending on the specific model and trim level.
What Size Tires Are on a 2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn?
The 2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn is equipped with tires of size specific to its model.
What Size Tires Fit a 2015 Dodge Ram?
The 2015 Dodge Ram can accommodate multiple tire sizes, including 265/70R17, 275/60R20, and 285/45R22.
What Size Rims Are on a 2015 Ram 1500?
The 2015 Ram 1500 comes with rims in various sizes.
What Size Tires Are on a 2015 Ram 1500?
The 2015 Ram 1500 typically comes with 17-inch to 20-inch tires, depending on the trim level.
The 2015 Ram 1500 has various tire size options depending on the trim level and package chosen. The standard tire size for this model is P265/70R17, providing a good balance of performance and comfort.
However, other tire sizes, such as P275/60R20, are also available for a more aggressive look and improved handling. When selecting the right tire size for your Ram 1500, it’s essential to consider your driving preferences and the type of terrain you’ll be encountering.
Whether you prioritize fuel efficiency, off-road capabilities, or a smooth ride, finding the right tire size can significantly enhance your driving experience in the 2015 Ram 1500.
Don’t hesitate to consult a professional or refer to the vehicle’s user manual for specific recommendations and ensure proper fitment.
Remember that choosing the correct tire size can significantly impact your overall driving experience regarding performance, safety, and aesthetics.